postfix and addressed shared folders..

Michael King mking at webinternational.net
Mon Oct 11 10:32:54 EDT 2004

Is there a way to tell postfix to look for folder+user at domain.com addresses,
and pass them along to cyrus somehow, instead of rejecting them?

I tried setting up aliases for the addresses, but emails never get to the
account - in the shared folder or otherwise.

"Managing IMAP" suggests in Chapter 9 that I should see the "deliver" man
page.  However, such a man page does not seem to exist.

A few things about the server:

FreeBSD 4.10
postfix-2.2.20040829
cyrus-imapd-2.2.8
cyrus-sasl-2.1.19
cyrus-sasl-saslauthd-2.1.19
pam_mysql authentication (mysql-server-4.0.21)

Basically, I want to make an account that has shared folders, as opposed to
a bulletin board concept.

Unfortunately, I can find no documentation on how to get postfix to pass
along the messages properly.

Any ideas?  I hope they don't involve switching to sendmail..

Thanks,

Michael King
Systems Administrator
Web International, Inc.