deleting subfolders

Kevin Konowalec kevin.konowalec at ualberta.ca
Wed Oct 13 14:11:51 EDT 2004

I have a user that has several thousand subfolders.  The structure looks
something like this:

localhost> lm user/g/u-home-files/oops/*
user/g/u-home-files/oops/user-aa1 (\HasNoChildren)
.
.
.
user/g/u-home-files/oops/user-zz9 (\HasNoChildren)

BUT when I do an lm on the oops folder I get:

localhost> lm
user/g/u-home-files/oops

user/g/u-home-files/oops (\NonExistent \Noselect \HasChildren)

Similarly doing an lm on u-home-files:

localhost> lm user/g/u-home-files
user/g/u-home-files (\NonExistent \Noselect \HasChildren)

I am able to delete folders using dm at tle lowest level of the tree
(I've already set the acl permissions accordingly).  However, when I try
to delete the u-home-files folder I get:

localhost> dm user/g/u-home-files
deletemailbox: Mailbox does not exist

What  am I doing wrong?  How can I nuke this subtree?

Thanks

Kevin