ACL for pop-only ?

Earl R Shannon ershanno at unity.ncsu.edu
Fri Oct 15 15:50:46 EDT 2004

Hello,

This sounds a bit drastic. It prevents the server from being used
as an IMAP server.

IMHO, the "proper" way to do this is to have some form of directory,
ldap, hesiod, ( or whatever ) track whether or not a user has a POP
or IMAP account. The server then behaves accordingly. This isn't built
into cyrus though, or wasn't last time I looked. That has been awhile.

Regards,
Earl Shannon

Stefan Nitz wrote:
> Dear listeners,
>
> Am Freitag, 15. Oktober 2004 16:08 schrieb Christiaan den Besten:
>
>>Hi all!
>>
>>Is it possible to use an ACL to set a mailbox to 'pop only'. I would like
>>to be able to prevent people from creating (new) subfolders in their inbox.
>

> You can disable imap in the SERVICES section of cyrus.conf.
>

>>bye,
>>Chris
>>
>>PS: I have read all documentation on ACL's, but I have not been able to
>>find the right mixture of rights...
>>
>>---
>>Cyrus Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus
>>Cyrus Wiki/FAQ: http://cyruswiki.andrew.cmu.edu
>

> ---

Systems Programmer ,Information Technology Division
NC State University.
http://www.earl.ncsu.edu

Anonymous child "Some people can tell the time by looking at the sun,
		 but I have trouble seeing the numbers."