cyrus-pop3d & cyradm

Florent eppo at darox.net
Sat Oct 16 04:44:09 EDT 2004

I am trying to configure cyrus-pop3d using LDAP backend. I successfully
configured cyrus to use saslauthd with LDAP configuration (testsaslauthd
worked well).

But when I tried to telnet on port 110 and gave it a try to auth with a user
in LDAP, an error occurred: badlogin: localhost[127.0.0.1] plaintext test1
SASL(-13): authentication failure: checkpass failed. So I guessed the
mailbox was not created and occurred this error. But when I use cyradm, it
doesn't work (even with -p 110). I had to install cyrus-imapd to be able to
use cyradm.

When I successfully created mailbox using cyradm on imapd, everything works
fine. But how to create mailbox without imapd (only popd) ?

And is there a way to automatically create mailbox (on first mail or first
pop/imap connection) without the need of cyradm ? I use cyrus-pop3d
2.1.16-10 in debian sarge.