Recommended quota_db setting?

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Sat Oct 16 21:47:45 EDT 2004

> Hi,
>
> I wonder if there are any "official" recommendations for the quota_db
> setting? I didn't set it and so Cyrus currently uses the quotalegacy
> default. I've read in the archives that some people have experimented with
> berkeley and skiplist (with mixed results), but I haven't found a
> statement
> as to if there are any advantages to the other formats ...

IIRC I played around with skiplist for quota but was hit by some bugs (not
related to the quota db) which have been fixed in 2.2.8. I didn't
experiment since then and also didn't get an answer to the question what's
the recommended way. quotalegacy has worked well so I don't care to change
it.

Simon