Cyrus authentication mecs

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Mon Oct 25 04:24:09 EDT 2004

Hi,

--On Donnerstag, 21. Oktober 2004 22:23 Uhr +0200 Tom Bryntesen
<tom at bryntez.com> wrote:

> What kind of authentication mechanisms do you recommend when
> using Cyrus on a system with about 10.000 users.

I'm not sure about "recommend", but we just use sasldb2. That gives us the
greatest flexibility as far as auth mechs are concerned. We offer PLAIN,
LOGIN (only over SSL/TLS), CRAM-MD5, DIGEST-MD5 and NTLM. That's necessary
because of the huge variety of mailers that people are using. We sync
sasldb2 with our own user database for shell accounts with custom scripts.
Of course it would be nice to have only one centralized user database, but
with our very heterogeneous environment that's not really an option.

Cheers, Sebastian Hagedorn
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK