how to create user@primary.com as user login name?

sam wun sam.wun at authtec.net
Sat Oct 23 22:58:12 EDT 2004

Adi Linden wrote:

>>I have another solution to solve the problem, but not sure right or not.
>>Since only user in default domain can't use domain name as their login
>>name, I changed defaultdomain to "localhost".
>>Now all other domains are treated as non-default domain.
>>Surely all users in non-default domains are able to use fqdn login id
>>(user at domain.com) for authentication.
>>

>If you comment out defaultdomain alltogether everyone has to use a fqdn
>login. This is what I will be using.

It is working fine when login cyrus with fqdn with user id, but auth
smtp failed.
When sending email, I entered user at domain.com in the User name and
Password edit box in the Outgoing Server dialog box. The smtp
authentication was not successful in this case.
If I enter user id only in the Outgoin Server dialog box, the smtp auth
works fine.
Now the login id for cyrus is fqdn, login id only for out-going server
auth smtp.

I have test the login id fqdn authtentication with imtest command (with
LOGIN mech) and it works fine.
The way I create password is:
saslpasswd2 -c user at domain.com

Since login id fqdn is failed with smtp auth, I also need to create one
more password for the user:
saslpasswd2 -c user

I dont know what is going on here.
Have you tried login id with fqdn for smtp auth?

Thanks
Sam