Redundant database query?

Patrick Gibson cyrus_info at patrickg.com
Thu Oct 28 20:23:23 EDT 2004

On 28-Oct-04, at 4:59 PM, Ken Murchison wrote:

>> sasl_sql_statement: select PASSWORD from USER_ACCOUNTS where
>> USERNAME='%u'
>
> You won't get rid of the second query for any of the SASL mechanisms.
> The only thing you can do is keep it from selecting the *same* column
> twice.

Hi Ken,

I'm not sure I get what you mean by selecting the same column twice --
unless I'm mistaken, the query selects the PASSWORD column just once.

As for not being able to get rid of the second query -- is this a SASL
bug? I can't understand why on earth it would be doing this. I guess
I'll try the cyrus-sasl list.

Patrick