(dead)locking ...

Jure Pe_ar pegasus at nerv.eu.org
Wed Nov 10 10:17:18 EST 2004

Hi all,

Today I've expirienced for the first time on our production server the
locking issue mentioned on this mailing list.

I found about 25 problematic mailboxes, all belonging to users matching the
user/sta* pattern. Even reconstruct would hang on these, waiting for the
stat() of cyrus.header.

Without touching anything, I just restarted cyrus. But the problem came back
after a couple of hours, so I went into a little lock hunt, reconstructing
problematic mailboxes immediately after fuser -k on their cyrus.header.

Half an hour after that the situation seems normal.

Is this problem on just user/sta* mailboxes a coincidence? Or can it point
to something with one of the databases?

--

Jure Pečar
http://jure.pecar.org/