`DB_VERB_CHKPOINT' (deprecated) error in CyrusIMAP build with new BerkeleyDB4.3.21

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Tue Nov 16 05:01:00 EST 2004

Hi!

> > Yes. Stress test it, especially LMTP parallel deliveries
> > (to a bunch of mailboxes and to the same mailbox) with
> > concurrent reads.
>
> I can log in to the account, but when I try to send the
> firsst email nothing happens.
>
> But the imap errorlog says
>
> imap[2583]: DBERROR : db4
> imap[2583]: DBERROR: critical database situation
> master[1217]: process 2583 exited, status 75
> master[1217]: service imap pid 2583 in READY state:
> terminated abnormally
> master[2585]: about to exec /usr/local/libexec/imapd

I believe, that if you do such a major DB4 upgrade, you should undump the
mboxlist first, upgrade and reimport (all done with ctl_mboxlist) it.
Depending on your installation you might also need to recreate other files
(such as seen-state or duplicate db).

> It just keeps repeating this message over and over.
>
> It didn't take much stress!  And I don't think this is a real
> helpful message from BDB!
>
> For now, I think it's back to 4.2.

I had a similar problem with upgrading from DB 4.1 to DB 4.2. And now (yes,
Fedora user) I had the problem with upgrading from 4.2 to 4.3 - was a RPM
upgrade.

But I guess it might be better to wait for DB4.3 support by Cyrus, since we
do not know what else will happen. If you have the time to do testing and
your mailserver is not that important, you might try it... :-)

Best,
 Oliver