Postfix+Cyrus Virtualdomain+lmtp transport - how?

Wolfgang Braun w.braun at sk1.net
Mon Nov 29 11:21:05 EST 2004

Hello,

I just tried to modify a mailserver for Cyrus Virtual-Domain Support.
But somehow it keeps failing and after browsing the whole mailinglist archive
and douzends of websites I am pretty clueless now...

I am using Postfix 2.0.19 and Cyrus 2.2.3. Mails are delivered by lmtp.

My previous Setup was:

/etc/cyrus.conf
---------------
lmtpunix      cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp" prefork=1

/etc/imapd.conf
---------------
configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
sievedir: /var/lib/sieve
admins: cyrus
allowanonymouslogin: no
autocreatequota: 10000
reject8bit: no
quotawarn: 90
timeout: 30
poptimeout: 10
dracinterval: 0
drachost: localhost
sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
lmtp_overquota_perm_failure: yes

/etc/postfix/main.cf
--------------------
mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:public/lmtp
myhostname= servername.mydomain.tld

/etc/postfix/virtual
--------------------
somedomain.tld           anything
someuser at somedomain.tld  someuser at servername.mydomain.tld

The mailbox was user.someuser and everything went fine.

Now I tried to make the changes for adding Virtual-Domain
support to Cyrus.

I added to

/etc/imapd.conf
---------------
virtdomains: yes
defaultdomain: mydomain.com

and created a mailbox user.someuser at somedomain.tld
I tried logging into the mailbox by telnet and it worked.

Now my main problem is, how to setup the postfix virtual maps
in /etc/postfix for the delivery works. I tried various
possibilities which I found in howtos or on websites.

someuser at somedomain.tld  someuser at somedomain.tld\\\@servername.mydomain.tld
someuser at somedomain.tld  someuser at somedomain.tld
someuser at somedomain.tld  someuser\\\@somedomain.tld

all give me the Postfix-Error: User unknown in virtual alias table

I pretty ran out of ideas what else to try/modify. Perhaps you can
give me some hint.

ty

Wolfgang