Uprading from cyrus-imapd-2.0.13 to 2.2.3, what to do?

Adi Linden adil at adis.on.ca
Fri May 28 16:25:04 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am upgrading a cyrus-imapd server from 2.0.13 to 2.2.3. Actually, I
built a new server with cyrus-imapd-2.2.3 installed and I am now trying
move users mailboxes from the old to the new server.

I copied the files in /var/spool/imap/user/adilinden to the same location
in the new server. I then created a new mailbox.db file using this tool:

/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/ctl_mboxlist -u < newmboxlist.txt

The newmboxlist.txt file contains (with tabs instead of spaces):

user.adilinden  default adilinden       lrswipcda

Now if I try to reconstruct the mailbox I get an error. What am I doing
wrong?

cd /var/spool/imap/user
/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/reconstruct -rf user.adilinden
user.adilinden: System I/O error No such file or directory

Onelast note, I am doing all of this as user cyrus and the adilinden mail
files are all owned by cyrus.mail.

Thanks,
Adi