sendmail and virtual domains and catchalls?

Carl Brewer carl at bl.echidna.id.au
Mon Mar 22 07:46:52 EST 2004

Hello Andrzej,

> I have uploaded new modified FEATURE(`mrs_cyrus')
> http://anfi.homeunix.net/sendmail/rtcyrus2.html
> RTCyrus2 uses socket map to ask cyrus smmapd daemon if given mailbox is
> serviced by cyrus. RTCyrus2 requires cyrus 2.2.3 and patched
> sendmail-8.12 (to get socketmap support). Socket map support is
> available in unpatched sendmail-8.13.0.Alpha0.

I'm not familiar enough with the NetBSD ports to deal with
patching sendmail, or rolling my own port for 8.13 alpha, so
I'm going to have to wait until someone more clueful does
an 8.13 port to use your mrs stuff.

In the mean time, I can survive without a catchall, but I do
need to be able to have aliases for accounts in my
virtual domains.  eg: foo at bar.com should go to baz at bar.com.
aliases seem to only work for 'local' delivery, not delivery
to cyrus mailboxes?  I figure that the virtusertable is the best
(only?) place that this can happen?

> Do not forget to add the domains to $={VirtHost}. *.mc file:
> LOCAL_CONFIG
> C{VirtHost}foo.com.au bl.echidna.id.au

I've done this and it works!  I've never seen VirtHost in any
documentation though?  Is this new to 8.12?

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus