sendmail and virtual domains and catchalls?

Andrzej Filip anfi at priv.onet.pl
Mon Mar 22 11:46:20 EST 2004

Carl Brewer wrote:
> [...]
> In the mean time, I can survive without a catchall, but I do
> need to be able to have aliases for accounts in my
> virtual domains.  eg: foo at bar.com should go to baz at bar.com.
> aliases seem to only work for 'local' delivery, not delivery
> to cyrus mailboxes?  I figure that the virtusertable is the best
> (only?) place that this can happen?

virtusertable seems to be the best place.

You may consider creating custom perl/awk script for converting output of
"ctl_mboxlist -d" into appropriate virtusertable entries.

>> Do not forget to add the domains to $={VirtHost}. *.mc file:
>> LOCAL_CONFIG
>> C{VirtHost}foo.com.au bl.echidna.id.au
>
> I've done this and it works!  I've never seen VirtHost in any
> documentation though?  Is this new to 8.12?

I was added in sendmail 8.10.0 [2000/03/01].

$={VirtHost} is documented in cf/README
http://www.sendmail.org/m4/features.html#virtusertable

Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip anfi at priv.onet.pl anfi at xl.wp.pl
http://anfi.homeunix.net/ http://slashdot.org/~anfi