migration and seen database

Shelley Waltz shwaltz at cabm.rutgers.edu
Wed Jun 2 09:33:22 EDT 2004

I have been migrating users from 1.6.24 to 2.2.3.
In the process, I convert their cyrus.seen which
was in flat format to skiplist ...

find /var/tmp/user -name "cyrus.seen" -exec
/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/cvt_cyrusdb {} flat {}.skiplist skiplist \;

I replace cyrus.seen(flat) with cyrus.seen(skiplist) in their
mail directory.  When they access their ,mail, however, all
messages appear as unread.

Does one need to move the converted cyrus.seen to the
/var/lib/imap/user/"{a-z}"/username.seen in order for
this to work?  How can I preserve the seen state in
the migration?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Shelley Waltz