NO Login failed: can't request info until later in exchange

Michael F. Sprague msprague at dcu.org
Thu Jun 17 17:00:39 EDT 2004

Hi folks,

I'm trying to upgrade from Cyrus v2.1.15 to v2.2.5.  The compile and DB
upgrade from berkeley to skiplist went just fine.  However I am unable to
authenticate and I get this error:

NO Login failed: can't request info until later in exchange

I searched google and the archives for this list and it seemed that the
fix was to upgrade sasl to v2.1.15 (I'm currently running v2.1.10).  This
is running on Redhat9  and I was unable to find an rpm for anything better
than 2.1.10 so I downloaded the source and compiled 2.1.18.

Yet I get the same error.  Strace shows sasl sending back OK but imapd
keeps give the above error message.  Can anyone point me in the right
direction here?  I cannot decide if this is a sasl or cyrus problem.

Thanks,
mikeS