High availability ... again

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Tue Jun 22 13:11:25 EDT 2004

Hi,

-- Etienne Goyer <etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com> is rumored to have mumbled
on Dienstag, 22. Juni 2004 12:09 Uhr -0400 regarding High availability ...
again:

>  From what I can see, I would have two possibilities to make a hot spare
> Cyrus IMAP daemon : replication, or cluster filesystem/block device
> (drdb, GFS, etc).

those aren't the only two options. We are using shared storage, but with
regular fileystems (ext3 in our case, because Red Hat doesn't officially
support XFS). The idea is that each partition is mounted only on one
computer at a time. This is handled by the Red Hat Cluster Suite, aka
Kimberlite. We are currently using a SCSI RAID with two separate SCSI
controllers (one for each node of the cluster), but I'd recommend using
Fiberchannel.

Cheers, Sebastian
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK