Wanted: an example imapd.conf for authenticating against Active Directory

Paul Boven p.boven at chello.nl
Thu Jul 8 06:54:47 EDT 2004

Hi everyone,

For a new customer, I'm setting up a Cyrus server that will have to
authenticate against an Active Directory server.

So far, I've gotten Kerberos, TSL, SASL all working together from the
command-line with ldapsearch, so what remains is to build an imapd.conf
and have Cyrus play nice with the ADS. But here are about 3 pages of
ldap-options to imapd.conf, and I still don't know what attribute to use
to check authentication against, so I'm a bit stuck for inspiration.

I would therefore very much appreciate it if someone could send me a
copy of their imapd.conf that talks to an ADS, with of course anything
sensitive deleted.

Regards, Paul Boven.