STRANGE LDAP_FILTER IN SASLAUTHD.CONF

Igor Brezac igor at ipass.net
Wed Jul 14 10:15:55 EDT 2004

Please do not capitalize your subject line.  It is rude and people are
less likely to respond to your message.

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Wang Penghui wrote:

> Hi, everyone here.
>
> There is a question about the query via ldap pazzle me for several days.
>
> One entry in my ldapdatabase is follow:

> dn: uid=wangpenghui,ou=realss,ou=EOA,dc=eoa,dc=cn
> userPassword: {MD5}kU7j0AdNFNTSlCxo92ReAg==
> phpgwAccountType: u
> phpgwAccountExpires: -1
> homeDirectory: /home/admin
> loginShell: /bin/false
> cn: penghui
> sn: wang
> givenName: admin
> uid: wangpenghui
> uidNumber: 501
> gidNumber: 1
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: person
> objectClass: organizationalPerson
> objectClass: inetOrgPerson
> objectClass: posixAccount
> objectClass: shadowAccount
> objectClass: phpgwAccount
> phpgwAccountStatus: A
>
> and the user wangpenghui's domain is @realss.xxx
> The field should be auth via ldap is wangpenghui at realss.xxx.
> How to make the ldap_filter in saslauthd.conf to make out the
> mailaddress wangpenghui at realss.xxx to query.
> I guess maybe i should use %U and %1-9 to make out the
> wangpenghui at realss.xxx with uid=wangpenghui and ou=realss.

There is nothing in your entry that identifies xxx unless you are making
some assumptions that we do not know about.  You can perhaps have a
dynamic ldap_search_base (ou=$2,ou=EOA,dc=eoa,dc=cn)

Otherwise you need to fix your data.

> And i also have a default domain, how to solve the auth both default
> domain and virtual domains.
> The default domain's field should be auth via ldap is just wangpenghui

You can use ldap_default_domain: realss.xxx
So in this particular example, saslauthd will verify
wangpenghui at realss.xxx password

> And in main.cf of postfix, it should be also work.
>
> My versions :
>
> Cyrus-imapd 2.2.3
> Cyrus-SASL 2.1.18
> Postfix 2.0.19
> OpenLDAP 2.1.26
>
> I am blind with it now. Any response is appreciation.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Wang Penghui
>
> ---

Igor