Problem regarding defaultdomain and virtual domains

Lenny rahl at mindcryme.com
Thu Jul 15 13:10:48 EDT 2004

I think I may have done something very stupid here.

I have a Murder setup with virtual domains. In the beginning the defaultdomain
was "logical.net". I migrated over a dozen domains from individual servers into
Cthe Cyrus setup successfuly (about 10,000 users total). Then I came to the
last domain/server to be migrated in, which was the "logical.net" mail server.
So, I went in and changed the default domain to logicalnet.com (another domain
we own).

This seems to have confused quite a bit. In cyradm, if I log in as
cyrus at logical.net I can see all the @logical.net users. If I log in as
cyrus at logicalnet.com, I see all the users in all the other domains. This seems
to cause a bit of a problem, as you can well imagine.

I also notice that most of the time the frontends and backends communicate with
the cyrus at logical.net user and not the cyrus at logicalnet.com user. This is weird
because I don't have "cyrus at logical.net" in the imapd.conf's, except on the
admin line (but so is cyrus at logicalnet.com). I'm not setting the *_realm stuff
at all.

So is there a way to give control of all the @logical.net accounts to
cyrus at logicalnet.com? Or have I messed something up by changing the
defaultdomain?

Thanks.

Lenny (who wishes he didn't volunteer to recreate an email system for 26,000+
users)
--

"Wisdom is to a man an infinite Treasure" - Anonymous"