Please Help Me Fix My Goofy Problem

Java Rockx javarockx at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 19 13:49:29 EDT 2004

Hello All.

I have a goofy problem I cannot seem to fix. I was
tasked with migrating all mail from an MS Exchange 5.5
server to Postfix. I am using SuSE Linux OpenExchange
Server 4.1 which is running Postfix 1.1.12-34.
Cyrus-imapd-2.1.9-92 is also used for IMAP.

To actually perform the migration I used imapsync from
http://www.linux-france.org/prj/

All worked well. Status indicators such as read,
unread, forwareded, etc were all maintained.
Attachments migrated successfully as well.

Here is my problem. The received date does not always
display correctly, even though it seems to be correct
in the message headers.

When using a web mail client such as Cyrus, the
"Received Date" is always correct when looking at
either a mailbox's inbox, or when actually viewing the
message detail.

This also works correctly when using a mail client
such as Mozilla Mail or Thunderbird on Windoz or
Linux.

It does not work when using Outlook or Outlook
Express. When using either of these mail clients, the
"recieved date" never seems to match the message
headers, but rather shows when the actual mail message
was migrated.

Here is an example. Note, I put bogus user/domain
names in the example. According to the message
headers, the Received Date should be 5/13/04 12:40PM
not 7/18/04 which is when the message was migrated. If
I double click the message in Outlook or Outlook
Express it shows the correct date as "Sent Date".

Please Help.
Paul

Outlook Express Inbox Item shows:

>From      Subject   Received                 Size
Joe Bow   RE:       Sun 7/18/2004 3:02 PM    76KB

But the message header is as follows:

Received:	from richexch03.from-company.com
(exchange01.from-company.com [255.255.255.255]) by
exmail.to-company.com with SMTP (Microsoft Exchange
Internet Mail Service Version 5.5.2650.21) id
KLQTWWLS; Thu, 13 May 2004 12:29:36 -0400
Received:	by richexch03.from-company.com with Internet
Mail Service (5.5.2657.72) id <KZ52QXHH>; Thu, 13 May
2004 12:41:59 -0400