subscribing to folders

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Tue Jul 27 10:26:05 EDT 2004

Alexander Brill wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 15:46, Rob Siemborski wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 22 Jul 2004, Alexander Brill wrote:
>>

>>>Is it possible to force subscribtion of a folder to another user by
>>>using the admin-user? I couldn't find any info about it in the docs and
>>>RFCs.
>>
>>If you use proxy authentication, then you can authenticate as the admin
>>but authorize as the user, and then subscribe them to the folder.
>

> Could you reference me to some rfc's or other docs on the subject? I
> tried the PROXYAUTH-command (comes with python imaplib), but it wasn't
> recognized as a command on my server.

PROXYAUTH is a non standard command:
http://www.washington.edu/imap/listarch/2000/msg00215.html
(follow the thread).

The right thing to do is use the authenticate method, unfortunately it's
not implemented in python imaplib. I don't understand why the imaplib
developer(s) implemented the nonstandard command instead of the standard
one.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007