Annotation, new mail, and special flag

info-cyrus at utdallas.edu info-cyrus at utdallas.edu
Fri Jul 23 15:20:26 EDT 2004

I was just wondering about the annotation stuff.

What about if you could mark a folder as "special" via an annotation
like you can mark or flag a message? Maybe this could be used for
some subset folder listing, above and beyond folder subscriptions?

This lead to another idea. What about using a folder annotation to
tell the server what folders you'd like to be notified when there's
new mail. I know there's the IDLE extension, but that only applies to
folders that have been selected.

Perhaps all silly nonsense. Just some ideas that I was wondering
about while munching on my daily apple.

Amos