migrating from maildir (courier) to cyrus

Vadim vadim at kutsyy.com
Wed Jul 28 14:14:53 EDT 2004

I am looking for some documentation on how to transfer mail from maildir
format (courier) to cyrus. I tried to look for it in
documentations/archives but I only found mbox->cyrus and cyrus->maildir.

I am currently running exim4/procmail/courier setup on Debian box.  It
serves as a mail server for a few users with large amount of mail.  Some
of the folders have nearly 10,000 messages.  Courier works very good on
small folders but have problem on larger one (and it is old computer
with only 32Mb RAM).  My understanding is that cyrus would perform much
better due to indexing/database used by cyrus, am I correct?

Thanks,