[POLL] Cyrus 2.2 virtdomains behavior (Was: global admin

Lars Kristiansen lars at adventuras.no
Fri Jan 2 14:05:47 EST 2004

> In almost every case, all of the information available in Cyrus has
> already crossed the network unencrypted, be it via SMTP between sites or

While not an universal answer, i feel the need to defend the encrypted
transport a little:
When a domain is handled by an isp, that domains internal mail will often
be handled by a MTA and MDA combination both provided by the same isp.
In this case the transports of internal mail can be encrypted all the way.

But as you point out, we cannot be ensured of it when mail is transported
between unknown MTA's and/or the receivers routines is unknown to you.
In this case transport-encryption is not reliable, but should we not
anyway make it difficult for casual listeners in any transports we can?

--
Med vennlig hilsen
Lars Kristiansen

A D V E N T U R A S
Tlf: 22 20 59 90
Fax: 22 20 59 91
lars at adventuras.no
http://www.adventuras.no
--
        "Ultimatily it may be the business men of the
           world who keep it from beeing destroyed."