imapd dies when connecting with Mozilla-1.6beta Mail IMAP account

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Mon Jan 5 03:46:36 EST 2004

Hi,

--On Sonntag, 4. Januar 2004 23:47 Uhr +0100 Hajo Beckefeld
<hajo at beckefeld-online.de> wrote:

> jinn:[hajo]# sasldblistusers2
> cyrus at jinn.beckefeld-online.de: cmusaslsecretOTP
> cyrus at jinn.beckefeld-online.de: userPassword
>
> I've no idea what I have to do to get the CRAM-MD5 stuff running!

if you want to use CRAM-MD5, you have to add all your users to sasldb using
saslpasswd2. Then you need to change /etc/imapd.conf so that it uses sasldb
and offers CRAM-MD5:

sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
sasl_mech_list: DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 PLAIN LOGIN

Mozilla should be able to use it after that. saslauthd doesn't support
CRAM-MD5.

Cheers, Sebastian Hagedorn
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK