OT - Getting Sendmail to not rewrite the recipient (to) address

David W. Wormuth dwormuth at post.harvard.edu
Fri Jan 16 08:47:10 EST 2004

I'm trying to help two friends by creating permanent email addresses for
them at their own domains. I have a working sendmail 8.12.8/linux RH
8/domain setup for the original domain (call it X.org, and I've got Y.org
and Z.org that I want to share). Mail is received and forwarded for a at Y.org
and b at Z.org, but the addresses are changed to a at X.org and b at X.org during
the processing.

There must be a way to tell sendmail to preserve the Y.org and Z.org domain
names in the addresses, but I can't find a way. I can use MASQUERADE to
force the domains to something else, but this then interferes with X.org
addresses as well.

Any ideas

---------
David W. Wormuth