PTS & LDAP Take 3

Tim Pushor timp at crossthread.com
Sat Jan 17 20:09:47 EST 2004

I am assuming by the lack of response that no-one really cares (at least
at this point) about LDAP group based authorization.

I have determined that the way its currently setup (the ldap ptloader)
won't do what I want, so I am in the process of rewriting it for my needs.

I am wondring if there is any documentation about the pts backend system?

I have managed to hack together something that works (sort of), but now
I am noticing that when I try to assign group based ACL's in cyradmin
that it passes the group name off to the pts backend. This screwes me
up. I am not sure what I'm supposed to do with it.

Theres also a good chance other things will pop up as I go, so some docs
would be good (or someone who understands how the pts backend works ...)

If anyone else is interested in this stuff, I may clean it up for
general consumption ..

Thanks,
Tim