LMTP and murder

Iain_Gray at scee.net Iain_Gray at scee.net
Mon Jan 26 07:54:53 EST 2004

HI

I am trying to get a cyrus murder set up using lmtp. I can get the front
end and back end talking to the mupdate master and all mailboxes working
fine. The problem I have is delivering the mail from the MTA to the
mailbox. I can get the MTA to talk LMTP to a lmtp unix socket on the same
box, but it always returns an error about no such mailbox.
Ideally I want the MTA use lmtp to deliver the mail to the correct mailbox
on the correct backend, and I am stuck with how to configure the LMTP
daemons on any of the servers (even which servers should run lmtp).
Should I be using lmtp over TCP or over unix domain sockets, and how do I
tell the MTA box (running the deliver command) where to check for the
correct mailbox?
I am running

cyrus-imapd 2.1.16
exim 4.30

Confused?
Me too!

Iain Gray
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
http://www.scee.com

postmaster at scee.net

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for all known viruses.