Config problem

Christopher Robin christopherrobin_70 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 1 16:45:23 EST 2004

Hi everyone,

I've been following the Cyrus IMAP Howto, as well as a few posts on this
list, and have successfully made and installed Cyrus IMAP.  I have run
into a problem.  According to the Howto, I was supposed to add a couple
of lines to /etc/inetd.conf.  I'm using RH 9, and am not using INETD.
So, I thought I could just add a couple of files to /etc/xinetd/.  The
format of the files, however, is completely different, so I'm not sure,
if it's working properly.  When I type chkconfig --list, the xinetd
section shows that imap and pop3 are on, but I'm not sure if that really
means anything.  When I su cyrus, I was able to complete the set up with
tools/mkimap, as outlined in the Howto, but when I get to imtest -m
login -p imap localhost, the connection is refused and the reason given
is network initialization.  Nothing useful shows up in /var/log/messages
or /var/adm/imapd.log or /var/adm/auth.log.  Obviously I've missed
something, but I'm not sure what.  Any pointers in the right direction
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris