tls_*_cert in 2.2.3

Ian G Batten I.G.Batten at ftel.co.uk
Wed Feb 4 10:52:28 EST 2004

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004, Rob Siemborski wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Ken Murchison wrote:
>
> > Try <servicename>_tls_cert_file and <servicename>_tls_key_file where
> > <servicename> is the name of the service from cyrus.conf (note that this
> > is NOT the name of the binary).
>
> I've fixed install-configure.html (install-upgrade.html had the correct
> information).

For clarity, if I have this:

  imap          cmd="imapd" listen="imap" prefork=1
  imaps         cmd="imapd -s" listen="imaps" prefork=0

in /etc/cyrus.conf, do I need to specify both of imap_tls_key_file and
imaps_tls_key_file (and likewise for *_cert_file)?  My assumption is
that I do, but I just want to be sure.  I'm assuming that imap_* would
be used when someone uses STARTTLS via port 143, the service name being
imap, while imaps_* would be used when someone connects to port 993 and
expects to be running TLS'd from the outset, the service name being
imaps.

ian