Cyrus 2.1.15 blocking connections after upgrade

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Mon Feb 9 11:11:46 EST 2004

Hi,

--On Montag, 9. Februar 2004 14:49 Uhr +0000 Mike Brodbelt
<m.brodbelt at acu.ac.uk> wrote:

> Some connections behave as expected, but some connections to port 143
> just hang. Using telnet to connect to the port shows that the TCP
> connection is established, but the Cyrus banner never appears, and
> eventually the connection times out.

that happened to us once, because we'd forgotten that we'd set process
limits. In /etc/cyrus.conf:

  imap          cmd="imapd" listen="imap.uni-koeln.de:imap" prefork=10
maxchild=200

If you get over that threshold, Cyrus will behave the way you describe
until one of the earlier sessions is terminated ...

Cheers, Sebastian Hagedorn
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK