Antispam with Cyrus Imap and Sendmail

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sun Feb 15 00:35:01 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 07:27, Henrik Troeng wrote:

> I=C2=B4m new to Cyrus and has got it up running well, but I haven=E2=80=
=99t found any
> anti-spam software to use. I have found Spamassassin, but what I have r=
ead
> it is difficult to get it working with cyrus + sendmail, since it uses
> procmail?!

SpamAssassin doesn't have to be used with procmail. If you're using
sendmail, then you can configure MimeDefang as a milter, and MimeDefang
can be set up to use SpamAssassin for spam filtering. This provides
quite efficient spam filtering and is easy to use.

It's also not really a Cyrus issue - spam filtering is generally done
entirely on the MTA or MUA, not the IMAP server.

Craig Ringer

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus