INBOX vanished

Eddy Beliveau eddy.beliveau at hec.ca
Wed Feb 25 10:51:38 EST 2004

Hi!

We are using cyrus-imapd-2.1.15-2 and everything is working perfectly  :-)

This morning, one of our teacher told me that yesterday when he left, his INBOX has many messages
and this morning when he came in, the INBOX was empty

I know that sometime the cause of the problem is sit on the chair in front of the keyboard, maybe he
did something wrong!

I don't know if the problem is on the client or server side.

By checking the /var/log/cyrus log file, I noticed the following:
Feb 25 08:10:57 mailserver imapd[16112]: skiplist: checkpointed /mail/lib/imap/user/q/user001.seen
(6 records, 616 bytes) in 0 seconds

Do you know what this entry means ?

Can I increase the log level, so it will logs some entry (timestamp, message id, ...) when imapd
received the delete_message or expunge commands

Any hints ?

Thanks,
Eddy

Eddy.Beliveau at hec.ca
Telephone: 514-340-6073

Analyste - Applications Reseau
HEC Montreal
3000 Chemin de la Cote Sainte-Catherine
Montreal  (Quebec)
Canada H3T 2A7

Any horizontal surface soon tends to be piled up

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus