once again: cyrus & SuSE 9.2

Torsten E. linux-user at gmx.com
Thu Dec 16 01:39:49 EST 2004

Good morning list! :-)

Once again I run into a problem, and I didn't find any useful
infomation/hint on the net ... or within the cyrus documents.

Several days ago I posted an question regarding sending emails directly
to shared-folders. I used an workaround (maybe not neccessary to do
so?): I created an new systemuser (mailadmin), created its mailbox via
cyradm, set permissions on it, subscribed the folders.
I sent some test-emails (mailadmin at localhost), and everything worked
fine. So I also sent some test-emails to shared-folders (eg.:
mailadmin+share.test at localhost). After that was done & verified I also
set the postuser: directive in /etc/imapd.conf to postuser: mailadmin.

Yesterday morning I noticed ~10 "Postmaster Copy: Undelivered Mail"
emails like:
[quote]
<mailadmin+spam at localhost>: host
/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp[/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp] said: 550-You do not
have permission to post a message to this mailbox. 550-Please contact the
owner of this mailbox in order to submit 550-your message, or postmaster if
you believe you 550-received this message in error. 550 5.7.1 Permission
denied (in reply to RCPT TO command)
[/quote]
(Folder spam is created and has proper permissions.)

... ups ... what went wrong?

First of all I sent an test-email to mailadmin at localhost: it didn't work.
So I checked: is the user still there? Yes, its there and can log-on.
Is the mailbox available? cyradm says Yes.

After a while I changed postuser: directive in /etc/imapd.conf, and
suddenly emails could be delivered to mailadmin at localhost!
I did some tests, and it seems, postuser: can't receive any emails
anymore ... :-(

Is there anything I did wrong? Is there a fundamental problem within
SUSEs packages, or is it something correctly cyrus-related?

Let me know if you need more information ...

Have a nice day!
Torsten