ACAP Status, again

OpenMacNews cyrus-info.20.openmacnews at
Tue Dec 28 21:55:11 EST 2004

just fyi, Stalker's CommuniGatePro mail server has a relatively robust (well,
ok, that's subjective.  at least it never caused any problems ...) ACAP server.
It's worked very nicely with Mulberry as an ACAP client for remote prefs to

having 'moved on' from the CGP 'realm', and exploring the apparent lack of
activity w/ IMSP/ACAP, my understanding from the folks at Cyrusoft is that a
future WebDAV(CalDAV?)-based solution may well eventually supplant ACAP/IMSP.
dunno the details ...

-- On Wednesday, December 29, 2004 3:19:29 AM PST +0100  Gerhard Gonter
<ggonter at> wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 11:48:02 -0500 (EST), Derrick J Brashear
> <shadow at> wrote:
>> On Sun, 26 Dec 2004, Rob Siemborski wrote:
>> > Most of the problem is that there aren't really a wealth of clients that
>> > support it (as it is, finding IMSP clients is hard :).
>> And supporting them correctly is harder.
> Right.  I took a new look on the ACAP situtation after playing around with
> Eudora which has "ACAP support".  However, it's quite difficult to find out
> how Eudora's ACAP client can be used productively.  I guess, ACAP
> therein is just dead code :-/
> Well, thanks for your replies!
> Cheers and best wishes for the new year!
> gg
> ---
> Cyrus Home Page:
> Cyrus Wiki/FAQ: