FYI: Sendmail and Cyrus IMAP - Real Time Integration

Lenny rahl at mindcryme.com
Thu Aug 5 15:23:12 EDT 2004

This doesn't appear to be working for me for some reason. Are there
prerequisites for this working?

I'm using a Murder setup with virtual domains. Does the quota checking
of smmapd
work if it's in a Murder setup?

I set a test account to have a 1k limit and sent a 3k email to it. Then I sent
another, got the requisite bounceback saying the account was overquota. So I
tried via telnet and it's still accepting the mail at the rcpt to phase:

[root at cyr-fe1 cyrus-imapd-2.2.8]# telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 cyr-fe1 ESMTP Sendmail 8.12.10/8.12.10; Thu, 5 Aug 2004 15:15:40 -0400
helo logical.net
250 cyr-fe1 Hello localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1], pleased to meet you
mail from: rahl at mindcryme.com
250 2.1.0 rahl at mindcryme.com... Sender ok
rcpt to: [email hidden]
250 2.1.5 [email hidden]... Recipient ok
quit

In cyradm:

cyr-fe1> lq user/[email hidden]
Password:
  STORAGE 3/1 (300%)

Thanks.

Lenny
--

"Wisdom is to a man an infinite Treasure" - Anonymous"