(unknown)

Monsur monsurul.amin at accesstel.net
Mon Aug 16 09:27:30 EDT 2004

hi there!

i am using cyrus,postfix mail. i am having problems for checking users mail
password from the mysql db. i was doing it previously, my db and mail was in
the same server. but i wanna move the db to a different server now. i have
done the following things,

* added an user in mysql for the mail server
* changed the imapd.conf accordingly

but it failed to connect the database. most surprisingly it is communicating
the local db provided the local mysqld is running and it is checking
password from the local db. how is that possible?!!

i am sending u the copy of my imapd.conf,
-----------------
configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: cyrus
sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
hashimapspool: true

tls_cert_file: /var/lib/imap/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_key_file: /var/lib/imap/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_ca_file: /var/lib/imap/ca-bundle.crt

allowplaintext: yes

sasl_mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN CRAM-MD5

# Do NOT ENABLE THE FOLLOWING LINE
servername: mail.accesstel.net

autocreatequota: 0
reject8bit: no
quotawarn: 90
timeout: 30
poptimeout: 10

dracinterval: 0
drachost: localhost

sieve_maxscriptsize: 32
sieve_maxscripts: 5

sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop saslauthd
#auxprop_plugin: sql
sasl_auto_transition: yes
sasl_sql_engine: mysql
sasl_sql_user: myuser
sasl_sql_passwd: mypass
sasl_sql_hostname: 192.168.70.139:3306
sasl_sql_database: radius
sasl_sql_select: SELECT Value FROM radcheck WHERE UserName = 'u' and
Attribute = 'User-Password'
sasl_sql_insert: INSERT INTO radcheck (UserName, Attribute, Value, op)
VALUES ('u', 'User-Password', 'v', ':=')
sasl_sql_update: UPDATE radcheck SET Value = 'v' WHERE UserName = 'u' and
Attribute = 'User-Password'
sasl_sql_verbose: yes

#unixhierarchysep: yes
#altnamespace: yes
#userprefix: pop2.accesstel.net
#loginrealms: pop2.accesstel.net
#foolstupidclients: yes

would u please tell me how to solve the problem?

hoping to hear from u soon. thanking u in advance.

monsurul amin
access telecom bd ltd