Trusting local users.

Erik Norgaard norgaard at locolomo.org
Fri Aug 20 08:00:22 EDT 2004

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, Christiaan den Besten wrote:

> I was wondering if it is possible for cyrus to 'trust' local-users on a
> system.
>
> So if I let a program like "Pine" connect to localhost it would accept a
> login from the local-user without asking for his/her password.

Don't know howto nor if it will work, but there is a pam option
for 'allready logged in':

"This is a PAM module which will, given restrictions upon whether
the user to be authenticated is root or logging in on a given
terminal, will allow the user to be authenticated successfully if
the user is currently already logged in on another terminal."

I guess it can be used exclusively for imap sessions??

Regards, Erik

GnuPG Key: http://www.locolomo.org/home/norgaard/norgaard.gpg.asc
pub  1024D/B02CC311 2004-04-05 Erik Norgaard <norgaard at locolomo.org>
     Key fingerprint = 6C11 B9B1 52BD F16D 34AD  9893 D3EC E6DB B02C C311