Getting Cyrus to auth with MySQL

Nils Vogels nivo at yuckfou.org
Mon Apr 5 09:29:52 EDT 2004

Ken Murchison wrote:

> Nils Vogels wrote:
>
>> Hi There,
>>
>> I am working on migrating my setup from unix uid authentication using
>> saslauthd and getpwent method to MySQL setup, using auxprop.
>>
>> My current imapd.conf on this lists the following relevant entries:
>>
>> sasl_minimum_layer: 0
>> sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd auxprop
>> sasl_auxprop_plugin: sql
>> sql_user: user
>> sql_passwd: s3cr3t
>> sql_hostnames: localhost
>> sql_database: cyrus
>> sql_statement: select clearpw from credentials where user='%u'
>> sql_verbose: yes
>

> All of the sql options need to have the "sasl_" prefix, just like all
> SASL option put in imapd.conf.

OK, I will adapt this!

>> Apr  5 00:15:21 imhotep imap[15956]: accepted connection
>> Apr  5 00:15:29 imhotep imap[15956]: could not find auxprop plugin,
>> was searching for 'sql'
>> Apr  5 00:15:29 imhotep imap[15956]: could not find auxprop plugin,
>> was searching for 'sql'
>

> Sounds like the plugins aren't being found.  Are they in some
> non-standard location (other than /usr/lib/sasl2)?

They are in the standard directories for a FreeBSD ports install, being
/usr/local/lib/sasl2:

imhotep# ls /usr/local/lib/sasl2
Sendmail.conf           libcrammd5.so           liblogin.so
libplain.so             libsql.so
imapd.conf              libcrammd5.so.2         liblogin.so.2
libplain.so.2           libsql.so.2
libanonymous.a          libdigestmd5.a          libntlm.a
libsasldb.a             smtpd.conf
libanonymous.so         libdigestmd5.so         libntlm.so
libsasldb.so
libanonymous.so.2       libdigestmd5.so.2       libntlm.so.2
libsasldb.so.2
libcrammd5.a            liblogin.a              libplain.a
libsql.a

/usr/lib/sasl2 does not exist on my system. Would it be an idea to
symlink the directory ?

Gr,

Nils.

--