Intermittent failures with duplicate suppression?

Michael Sims michaels at crye-leike.com
Tue Apr 6 11:31:05 EDT 2004

Michael Sims wrote:
> Twice in the past couple of weeks I've noticed a duplicate message
> get past cyrus's duplicate suppression mechanism.

Sorry to followup to my own post, but I have an additional question to
whoever may have the answer.  Does Cyrus exclusively lock the deliver
database on each delivery (when using skiplist)?  In other words, if two
messages with the same Message-ID come in nearly simultaneously (as close to
simultaneous as possible), is it possible for them to slip through the
duplicate check, or will the second message be forced to wait until the
first one has updated the delivery database before it can query it?  Just
curious...  Thanks!

Michael Sims
Project Analyst - Information Technology
Crye-Leike Realtors
Office: (901)758-5648  Pager: (901)769-3722