Automatically Rename Mailboxes

ms419 at freezone.co.uk ms419 at freezone.co.uk
Sun Apr 18 18:54:45 EDT 2004

I would like to periodically automatically rename mailboxes. The size
of some mailboxes can quickly grow out of hand. Say, once a month, I'd
like "INBOX.busy-list" moved to "INBOX.busy-list.20040418" - for
instance.

I thought first of a cron job, calling "cyradm", but this is the limit
of my voodoo. From it's man page, I can't figure out how to call
"cyradm" in such a way that it will rename all mailboxes

Another problem I foresee is authentication: It can't be done
automatically if I must enter a password. One solution may be to use an
SSL key and SASL EXTERNAL authentication ... I haven't tried yet.

I would be very grateful for some input!

Thanks!

Jack