Fatal error: tls_start_servertls (fwd)

Pat Lashley patl at volant.org
Tue Sep 2 14:30:19 EDT 2003

--On Tuesday, September 02, 2003 09:44:52 -0700 Mike Allen
<mallen at familyradio.org> wrote:

>>> Also, run sasldblistusers2 to verify that you have an entry in the
>> database.
>
> There appears to be no users in the database.  This will be fixed
> shortly.

Hmm.  I seem to remember that there used to be some problem when
the sasldb was empty; and that the symptom didn't necessarily
make the cause clear.  I don't know if it still exists; or even
if I'm confusing this with some other package.  But I'd definately
add an entry before trying anything else.

>> And check to make sure that the imapd was actually built using the
>> right version of cyrus-sasl.  Run 'ldd /usr/local/cyrus/bin/imapd'
>> It should use libsasl.so.3.
>
> [mail2] ~# ldd /home/cyrus/bin/imapd
> /home/cyrus/bin/imapd:
>
>         libsasl2.so.2 => /usr/local/lib/libsasl2.so.2 (0x2813a000)
> Is this OK?

Oops, yes, that's what I ment to say.  (I should have used cut-and-
paste instead of typing it in...)

> I note the location of imapd.  It is not in any existing path.
> I'll change that shortly also.

No, it doesn't have to be.  The Cyrus master process starts
imapd; and the FreeBSD port should have put the right path in
your /usr/local/etc/cyrus.conf  The master is normally started
by a script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d.  (All scripts in that dir
are automatically run when the system boots to multi-user.)

-Pat