Cyrus Server Migration

Andrew Brink abrink at netstandard.net
Thu Sep 4 11:01:33 EDT 2003

All -

We are going to be building a new cyrus server, (we were having issues
with a previous cyrus installation) and I have several questions to ask
that would make my life easier in the future.

1.  ext2 or ext3, we are also considering a cluster solution using a
shared File system (GFS) Any experiences with these?

2.  db3 or db4?  The previous server we have has some of the famous
locker problems and other db4 problems (we believe).  Rob, maybe you can
bless the "official" db version to use. I am fine using db4, provided
that people are successfully using it in production.

Thanks in advance, like I've said before we have had some problems with
some lockups and now my higher ups are questioning the use of cyrus all
together, I still believe it to be a very viable solution, and that my
configuration/setup is just wrong.  Thanks for the great product!

Andrew Brink
NetStandard, Inc.
913-262-3888