Migration

Daniel Lawson dhtrl1 at cs.waikato.ac.nz
Mon Sep 8 16:54:07 EDT 2003

> The simplest, and most reliable, is to configure an email client with
> accounts for both servers and copy the mail over (I would use Mozillla.)
> Admittedly, this does not scale to many users.

Nor does it work well if you have to stop the transfer half way and
resume.

I'm doing this myself at the moment - I did a quick freshmeat search for
'IMAP copy', and came back with a few hits. I'm currently using
imapsync, which will synchronise mailboxes in a given direction (and can
delete messages from the old mailboxes once complete).

I cant remember the url off the top of my head, but a google or
freshmeat search for imap sync should turn it up.

Daniel