How to deliver mails in the stage directory after a crash ?

Pierre POMES ppomes at reservit.com
Tue Sep 9 05:09:14 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I plan to move from WU Imap to Cyrus Imap, for better performance, for
subfolders, and so on. Actually, I do some tests with Cyrus imap before
using it for everybody in the company.

Everything was fine during 2 days, but yesterday, a lot of emails have
to be delivered, and all lmptd process (134 exactly) became frozen on DB
errors : lmtpd[9300]: DBERROR db3: 134 lockers

I know the global performance depends a lot of compilation options used
in the configure script, so I do not really worry about this problem.

My question is : after one hour, all lmtpd process were still frozen, so
I killed them manually (what could I do else ?), and all mails stayed in
the "stage." directory. Is there a way to retry the deliver of all
theses mails ?

A crash can occur, a power supply loss can also occur, that's why I am
really interested in the deliver recovery for email stored in the stage
directory.

Thanks for your help,
Pierre