Cyrus to USENET gateway

Nils Vogels nivo at yuckfou.org
Sun Sep 21 19:42:57 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I'm currently looking for some kind of solution, that will allow me to
gateway between Cyrus and USENET.

Right now I'm using an MLM solution, that fetches certain groups from a
server, drops and drops them in a Cyrus bb, but I'm trying to see if
threre is anything around that will allow me to integrate this further.

The things that currently trouble me are:

1) I've found the feedcyrus shellscript, but this only seems to work for
an INN install. I do not have the resources to install INN as well on
the mailserver, and I do not want articles to be both in the INN system,
and in the Cyrus system. Would it be possible to use for instance an
slrn-pull setup for this as well ?

2) When people put new postings in the BB, I would like some way to gate
it out into the USENET world again. For this setup, I have no clues ... :/

Could you guys maybe give me a few hints & tips, or URL's that I can visit ?

Thx a bunch,

Nils.