maybe a conceptual mistake...

Danny García Hernández danny at g2k.es
Sat Sep 27 08:14:16 EDT 2003

Hello, i was reading some of the new feature incorpored into the new
cyrus-imap-2_2, i´m interested in the nntpd daemon to supporting news  into
cyrus. Really, i´m so confused and i have a lot of question about it.

1- I have cyrus-imap-2_2b with  multidomains support and nntp built in, i
need a INN package to mount many news group inside this domains or i can use
nntp support in cyrus-imap?.

2-"Cyrus has the ability to export Usenet via IMAP and/or export shared IMAP
mailboxes via NNTP". I don´t undertand this. What Usenet is?.

3- Right now, i have two domains (xxx.com & yyy.com),  that i need or want
is create some newgroups under news.xxx.com and others under news.yyy.com.
for example.

soft.news.xxx.com is a news group to read (only read) articles about new
soft technology
so.news.xxx.com  is a news group to post and read articles about Operating
System

soft.news.yyy.com is a news group to read (only read) articles about new
soft technology for users from yyy.com domain.

which will be my newsprefix ?

How i can´t avoid users from xxx.com reading news group under yyy.com?
Password?.

4.  What i have to do for give password for each users sharing the same news
group?

Any Hints?

Thank in advanced
Danny