cyradm how to?

wim at unetix.nl wim at unetix.nl
Fri Oct 17 04:19:13 EDT 2003

On Friday 17 October 2003 01:47, you wrote:
> It's been a while since I did my install, but I ran into the same
> problem...do you have your password set in the sasldb2 database?  Also,
> make sure the owner of this file is cyrus.
>
> Let me know if that works.
>
> Kevin Williams

Hai,
The problem was teh syntax of the options
to give with cyradm, one way or another,
the cyradm manpage doesn't exist, but after
reading through the cyradm script, I found
the synopsis:
=head1 SYNOPSIS

  $ cyradm [--user user] [--[no]rc] [--systemrc file] [--userrc file] \
  > [--port n] [--auth mechanism] [--server] server

so then I logged in with:
cyradm --user <mailadmin> --auth plain <hostname>
it worked perfectly.
Thanx
WIm Bakker