LMTP ownership?

Doug Koobs dkoobs at fcsservices.com
Tue Oct 21 16:39:55 EDT 2003

Setting up Postfix and Cyrus on RH9. I can send mail, but can not seem to
receive. In /var/log/maillog, the following error shows up:

(connect to /var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp[/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp]: No such
file or directory)

The file does exist, and is owned by root, but has rwx set for all other
users:

[root at mail socket]# pwd
/var/lib/imap/socket
[root at mail socket]# ls -l lmtp
srwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            0 Oct 21 16:08 lmtp
[root at mail socket]#

What do I need to do to fix this? Go to the Postfix mailing list? :) Does
the sticky bit have something to do with this?

Thanks,

Doug